Thursday 3 November 2011

Starting over

This will be the third iteration of this website/blog. I can't talk about what happened to the first. The second became horrible and unwieldy and I forgot to pay the bill on it and my ISP shut it down. No loss - it was way out of date both in content and technology. It probably should have been a blog all along (before they invented blogs (get used to these - I call them "parenthetical mutterings")) as it consisted as primarily a confusing mass of links to other websites (many of them stale) and a "what's pissing me off today" post. I think I'll keep the latter and leave the former, at least for the moment, until I get used to this thing.  UPDATE:  It's been found and I'm going to mine it for information to post here.

My intention is to, on a somewhat regular basis, note items of interest to those opposed to the radical "Religious Right", link to articles in other blogs or just rant.

My intention is to be factual so please comment if you notice errors or just want to disagree with me.  I will be posting references to useful material such as lists of Logical Fallacies, Bible translations and useful websites.

Just to get the ball rolling, I may as well out myself.  I'm bisexual with past and current MM and MF relationships.  I'm in a leadership position in an Anglican church but no formal theological training.  I'm middle-aged, widely read, small-ly published, and a computer tech by occupation.  I'm also heavily involved in various aspects of the music and broadcast industry.  If you were really, really paying attention, you may have seen me on TV or heard me on the radio.

I'm a card-carrying member of the New Democratic Party and a frequent contributor to http://www.democraticunderground.com

No comments:

Post a Comment